As part of our effort to let people know about the biography of Quincy Tahoma, we are traveling around the Internet on a “blog tour” to supplement our real life appearances on a book tour. We’ll be talking about a variety of topics that spun off from our research and writing of Quincy Tahoma: The Life and Legacy of a Navajo Artist. So start mousing around the web and see what people have to say.
- Feast of Books, an Internet magazine, did a preview of Quincy Tahoma in their quarterly publication.
- Vera wrote about the Tuba City Swap Meet at Wandering Educators. In Tuba City we found some very important information that allowed us to complete Tahoma’s life story.
- Because Tahoma loved to go to the movies, Vera wrote about the way that Hollywood treats American Indians at Reel Life With Jane. Who is getting it right? What movies are on the Don’t See list? A lively discussion follows the post about how we perceive people by what we have seen in the movies.
- We wrote about co-writing a book at the Urban Muse Writer. The nitty gritty of two people doing what is usually a solo job.
- Adobe Gallery ran a blog post on Quincy Tahoma, and welcomes your comments.
In the coming days and weeks, you’ll see us answering questionnaires about our work, bloggers will be reviewing the book, and you can read about a family tour of the Navajo reservation, a cultural experience in Canyon de Chelly, a baby-boomer trip to northern Arizona, and much more. Stay tuned.
Meanwhile, we need to re-order books from the publisher because they are selling faster than we expected. And we are thrilled with the wonderful feedback we are getting from early readers.